Apply for a Grant
Who is eligible for a KidSport grant?
KidSport™ grants are available for children between the ages of 5 and 18 years who are in financial need to pay registration fees for the sport of their choice.
What sports qualify for a KidSport grant?
Sports that are governed by a provincial sports organization qualify including; baseball, soccer, hockey, lacrosse, football, swimming, gymnastics, karate, basketball, figure skating, waterpolo, track & field, triathlon. For a full list of qualifying sports click here.
How much are KidSport grants?
So that we can we provide for as many children as possible, the maximum grants for all sports is now $300.
How do I apply?
We are a volunteer organization with limited resources. One of the ways you can help us is to apply for a grant on line using the link below.
We encourage you to review the full guidelines for grants. Please click here to download.
Important! Here is the information you will need to assemble prior to filling in your online application:
- Full names and addresses, phone number for the child and the Adult Sponsor.
- Name of the Sports Club, it’s address including phone number, email and the Registrar contact name at the Sports Club. Starting and end dates the sports season runs from. The full cost of sport registration.
- Name of Provincial Sports Organization the Club is a member of.
- Your annual family income.
- Full name, occupation and email address for the Adjudicator (the third person who is confirming the information in the application) please double check the email address of the Adjudicator.
Should you not be able to complete the entire form in one session, the system will save the document for you.
If possible we encourage you to use online registration as it will result in quicker receipt of the application and ensures all fields are complete, enabling us to process the application more easily. Should you not be able to use the online registration form you can download the form by clicking below. This completed form, once signed by the Adjudicator can then be faxed to 250.380.1933 or mailed to the address set out on the bottom of page 2 of the form.”
Should not be able to complete either the online version or download the form you can Contact Us and we will send you the form.